The new building will be connected to our existing facilities with an enclosed atrium which will serve as a central gathering space. This will include a covered driveway adjacent to the main parking lot. As planned it will include a new building approximately the size of the Christian Life Center.
May 2015 Update:
Sunday, April 26th, a Church Conference approved the final plans for our Cornerstone Project. It will include a new Education Building of 20,800 sf with 18 classrooms for children and youth, a student lounge area, and a multipurpose room for use by the program areas of all ages. There is also a 3,800 sf atrium which connects to the existing building and provides a covered driveway adjacent to the east parking lot. The costs of the project include construction of $5,200,000; architectural, engineering, and driveway costs of $674,000; and equipment, furnishings, and landscaping at $226,000. The combined total is $6,100,000. We have $1,600,000 available in cash; another $1,500,000 pledged; and the remainder to be financed at 2.5% for 20 years. If you have already made a pledge or contribution to the project we thank you. If not, now is a great time to do so. You may call the church office or pick up a commitment card.
The improvement of our facilities will enable to expand upon our mission of making disciple of Jesus Christ. Many people have given of their time and talents to get us to this point and we are grateful for their ministry. Throughout this long and thorough process we continue to give thanks for your patience, prayers, and financial support. We look forward to what God has in store for the family of faith here at Madison UMC. Together, we are his house, built on the foundation of the apostles and the prophets. And the cornerstone is Christ Jesus himself (Ephesians 2:20, NLT).
- Our growth has filled all existing space
- Worship attendance can be managed with extra services
- Follow through with Long Range priorities
- Opportunities to expand ministry and mission
- Bring New People to Christ and Make Disciples
- New 2 story Education Building (20,800 sf)
- 12 first floor rooms for Children’s Ministry
- 6 second floor rooms and lounge for Student Ministry
- Multipurpose room for all ministry areas seating 250
- New Atrium (3,800 sf) gathering area/welcome center
- New covered driveway adjacent to main parking
- Allows nursery expansion and special needs classroom
- Allows for expansion of adult meeting areas
- Total project cost of $6,100,000
- Not To Exceed building contract of $5,200,000
- Architectural, engineering, driveway costs of $674,000
- Equipment, furnishings, and landscaping $226,000
- $1,500,000 pledged contributions
- $1,600,000 cash available
- $3,000,000 to be financed at 2.5% for 20 years
- Been endorsed by Trustees and Finance Committee
- Construction period approximately 12 – 18 months
- CHURCH CONFERENCE ON APRIL 26 AT 2 P.M.
- Architects: JH&H Architects, Planners, and Interiors
- General Contractor: Benchmark Construction
- Building Committee: Chris Rosson: Chair, Ronnie McGehee: Vice Chair, Carole Armstrong, Beth Brown, Billy Hill, Mike Martin, Todd Moody, Chris Parrow, Marcy Scoggins, George Taylor, and Greg Weber.
Watch a three-dimensional “fly by” rendering of the proposed building.
- April, 2015 architectural & floorplan renderings (Adobe PDF format)
- February, 2014 slide presentation (Adobe PDF format)
Pictures of the Proposed Building (click to view larger image)
Please take some time to use the Prayer Guide. We want to keep our plans in step with what God would have us do as a church and prayer is essential for that to happen.
Feel free to discuss any questions you might have with members of the Building Committee:
Chris Rosson, Chair
Ronnie McGehee, Vice Chair